Thursday, December 4, 2014
(Cross-posted on the Google for Work Blog)
The landscape of cloud technology has changed significantly since we started selling Google Apps in 2006, and our breadth of offerings has changed with it. Today, millions of companies and schools around the world turn to Google's products to help them launch, build and transform their organizations in the cloud. Our commitment to bringing the best of Google to work has also grown substantially.
Our partners are a fundamental part of our business and this effort. Partners help customers move, live and grow in the cloud by taking full advantage of the Google for Work and Education suite of products. They onboard and train new customers, manage change, create specialized software to integrate with Google Apps and develop unique solutions using Google Maps and Google Cloud Platform.
In order to meet the needs of customers moving to the cloud, and a new generation of partners, we’re updating our partner program. Our existing programs across Apps, Chrome, Cloud Platform, Maps and Search will fuse into one Google for Work and Education Partner Program. The new program allows partners to better sell, service and innovate across the Google for Work and Education suite of products and platforms.
- The Sales Track is for partners whose core competency is marketing and selling Google for Work and Education products at high volume. Selling includes ongoing account management
- The Services Track is for partners who provide the full range of services to customers, such as selling, consulting, training, implementing and providing technical support for Google for Work and Education products.
- The Technology Track is for partners who create products and solutions that complement, enhance or extend the reach or functionality of Google for Work and Education products.
- Access to Google for Work Connect, our one-stop community for partners to access marketing campaigns, sales content, support resources and training
- Ongoing program communications
- Console to manage customer accounts
- Use of the designated Google for Work or Google for Education Partner badge
- Resale discount on the list price of our suite of products
- Listing in our partner directory
- Designated partner manager support
- Co-marketing opportunities with Google
- Access to marketing funding and other financial incentives
- Exclusive training and events
- Use of the exclusive Premier Partner badge